RAC Approved Dealer
We are an RAC Approved Dealer
A recent face-to-face survey of 4000 UK car owners showed that, of those who had purchased a car in the past 2 years, three-quarters chose to buy a used car*.
We recognise that car buyers want added reassurance when buying a used vehicle and our members look to us to advise them on how they can purchase a car with confidence as well as peace of mind. As usual, we've gone a little further and also set about putting them in contact with a dealership that shares our ethos for quality, integrity and exceptional customer service.
That's why we developed BuySure; a guarantee that every car purchased from one of our Approved Dealers comes with the following:
82 Point Vehicle Preparation Standard
An RAC approved vehicle preparation standard that all Approved dealers have to meet and are audited on.
A minimum of 3 months RAC warranty.
12 Months Breakdown Cover
Vehicle based breakdown including Roadside, Recovery and At Home.
Car Data Check
Ensures the vehicle you are buying isn't stolen, written off or has outstanding finance.
RAC Accident Care
Your RAC breakdown cover includes Accident Care and Motor Legal Care (for the duration of Breakdown Cover).
RAC Approved - Vehicle Preparation Standard
The vehicles are prepared to ensure that the following items/parts/functionality are in correct working order.
1. Vehicle History
- VIN Inspection
- Vehicle History Report Obtained
- Scheduled Maintenance Performed (inc timing belt)
- Current MOT Certificate (if applicable)
2. Road Test
- Cruise Control (if applicable)
- Satisfactory starting, general performance and behaviour of the vehicle
- Particular attention to the operation of clutch, transmission, steering, suspension and brakes including A.B.S.
- Ensure there are no abnormal noises
- There are no visual fluid leaks after road test
- Gauges operate property
- Check battery and starter motor start engine with ease from both hot and cold
- Check to ensure no excessive visual emissions from exhaust
- Check hot-starting and ensure no evidence of over-heating
- Check no stored faults on the OBD
- Ensure correct operation and efficiency of the parking brake
3. Vehicle Exterior
- No dents or scratches visible to the eye from a distance of 2m
- Windscreen free from any damage that would exclude the vehicle from an MOT test
- Ensure there are no signs of bodywork corrosion
- Operation and condition of exterior mirrors
- Ensure all structural body repairs/accident damage have been repaired using manufacturer approved methods
- Ensure correct body panel fitting and alignment
- Operation of fuel filler system including petrol caps and lever release system
- Operation of bonnet catch, safety catch, hinges, tailgate supports
- Operation of door Locks and central locking including child safety locks
- Ensure exterior trim for security and correct fitment
4. Vehicle Interior
- Operation of door windows (manual/electric)
- Operation of all exterior Lighting equipment and respective control lights and cluster illumination Operation of wipers and washers
- Operation of convertible roof mechanism (if applicable) Visual check of correct SRS functionality
- All warning Lights operate correctly
- Operation of audio and alarm systems
- Operation of Navigation System (if applicable)
- Operation of Air-conditioning, heating and demist systems Operation of instruments, gauges and controls
- Operation of all internal equipment (eg cigarette lighters, sun visors, arms rests etc)
- Operation of visual and audible driver warning systems Operation of parking assistance systems (if applicable) ALL drive pedals operate correctly
- Ensure no evidence of water ingress
- Operation and condition of seatbelts / Mountings
- Security of seat mountings, head rests and seat adjustment mechanism
- 301655 RAC Approved preparation standard insert 0513 v Operation of interior lights
- Operation of rear view mirror /sun visors
- Operation and condition of sunroof mechanism(if applicable)
- Ensure correct operation of parcel shelf
- Ensure interior trim / dashboard for tears, holes, burns or excessive soiling
5. Road Wheels & Tyre Check
- Ensure vehicle jack, tool kit, locking wheel nut and safety equipment
- Ensure minimum tread depth of 3mm across all tyres including spare (if applicable)
- Ensure road wheels are free from distortion, gouges or visible cracking
- Ensure tyres are free from cuts, bulges and inappropriate repairs
- Ensure no evidence of uneven tyre wear or casing damage
6. Engine Compartment
- Check engine oil for correct level and dipstick oil sample is free from contamination
- Ensure coolant antifreeze content, and ensure system is free of visual contamination
- Check vehicles charging system for minimum output
- Ensure correct gearbox fluid levels, manual or automatic (where applicable)
- Check to ensure all fluid levels; e.g. brake, clutch, power steering, washer reservoir and battery (including security)
- Auxiliary drive belts, condition and tension
- Engine mountings for security and condition
- Wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines for routing; are free from damage, chafing and leaks (where visible)
- Free from fluid leaks
- Condition of cooling system radiator and engine oil cooler /inter cooler are free from damage or excessive corrosion
- No evident undue engine noise
- For hybrid vehicles only:
- Operation of Hybrid cooling system
- Switchable power-train mount
- Hybrid entertainment and information display
- Exhaust condition and mountings
- Clamps and security
- Ensure no evidence of fluid or exhaust leaks
- Catalytic Converter
- Operation and condition of steering for leaks and security
- Tie rod ends, CV boots and rack boots condition
- Front and rear suspension
- No visual evidence of faults to braking components
- Ensure brake pads have a minimum of 50% material remaining
- Check underbody for excess corrosion and ensure that the Chassis is free from extensive structural repairs
- Ensure transmission / driveshaft is secure and free from excessive free-play
- Fully cleaned and valeted vehicles
- Owners Guide
- Keys and remote fobs
- Service history (if applicable)
FREE 12 Month RAC Warranty with all vehicles
As an RAC Approved Dealer we have undertaken to prepare all our vehicles to RAC Approved Preparation Standards. This includes an 82 point pre delivery inspection and a full MOT Certificate with every vehicle that has less than 6 months MOT remaining. We will service any vehicle appropriately where due. We are audited by the RAC on a bi-monthly basis to ensure we are consistently preparing our vehicles to the RAC Approved Used Vehicle Program Standards.
Because modern vehicles are machines and can sometimes go wrong we include a minimum 3 months RAC Warranty for your peace of mind within the windscreen price of every eligible vehicle*. RAC Warranty provides you with the additional security that should your vehicle experience a mechanical failure or breakdown RAC are on hand to minimise your inconvenience and personal cost. RAC Warranty allows you to use any VAT registered garage in the UK for repairs and will also pay for unexpected mechanical failures should you decide to take the car into Europe for your holidays.
As an RAC Dealer we are proud to offer 12 months Complimentary RAC Membership with every warranty. This membership covers the vehicle for Roadside Assistance & Vehicle Recovery 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The RAC are the worlds' oldest motoring organisation and have more patrols per member than any other motoring organisation.
RAC Assist attend 2.5 Million breakdowns every year and fix 80% at the roadside. It is the aim of the RAC to attend every breakdown within 45 minutes and priority is always given to single female drivers or those driving with small children. Little wonder that RAC Assist are often referred to as the 4th emergency service and we are absolutely delighted to offer this additional peace of mind when you purchase your next vehicle from us.
RAC Platinum Maintenance & Breakdown covers ALL Mechanical & Electrical components for failure to perform their normal function. Platinum Maintenance & Breakdown is available for vehicles up to 7 Years with less than 70,000 miles at inception.
There are no mileage restrictions after inception and obviously there are a few exceptions such as service items, wear and tear items such as brake pads plus of course components that are not mechanical or electrical such as glass or bodywork. Please ask our Sales Consultant for the full component coverage and terms and conditions.
RAC Gold Maintenance & Breakdown covers specifically listed components for failure to perform their normal function. Gold maintenance and Breakdown is available for vehicles up to 10 Years with less than 100,000 miles at inception.
This product covers the majority of the vehicles components including many high technology parts. However it is listed parts only and as with Platinum does not cover service items, wear & tear items and non-mechanical components. There are no mileage restrictions after inception. Please ask our Sales Consultant for the full component coverage and terms and conditions.
RAC Silver Maintenance & Breakdown is a very basic specifically listed component cover protecting against those parts failing to perform their normal function. This level of cover is available for vehicles of any age or mileage at inception.
This product is specifically designed for older vehicles or high mileage vehicles and covers the essentials such as Engine, Turbo, Gearbox, Final Drive, Starter Motor & Alternator. Only those parts specifically listed are covered and as with all other products service items, wear & tear items and non-mechanical components are not covered. There are no mileage restrictions once incepted. Please ask our Sales Consultant for the full component coverage and terms and conditions.
*Some vehicles we sell may be ineligible for RAC Warranty please confirm with our sales consultant eligibility on your chosen vehicle.